The EPC Medical Plan is a self-funded program that provides medical and pharmaceutical coverage to EPC ministers and eligible mployees. The EPC provides this plan, not simply because medical coverage is wise, but because as Presbyterians we believe we have a mutual obligation toward one another.
The plan benefits and oversight belong entirely to the EPC. At the same time, the EPC uses a third party administrators (TPA) to administer all aspects of the Medical Plan and process claims according to the plan provisions.
Our TPA for claims is Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Through Highmark, EPC participants gain access to the Blue Card Preferred Provider Organization (PPO). If you are a missionary serving overseas, be familiar with the BlueCard Worldwide website at www.bluecardworldwide.com.
A PPO, or Preferred Provider Organization, offers two levels of benefits. Highest level of benefits are received if you receive services from a provider who is in the PPO network, often called In-Network. If you receive services from a provider who is not in the PPO network, often called Out-of-Network, you'll receive the lower level of benefits. In either case, you coordinate your own care. There is no requirement to select a Primary Care Physician (PCP) to coordinate your care.
For immediate plan help, participants should call Highmark Customer Services at the toll free number on the back of your Medical Insurance Card (866) 472-0928, not the Office of The General Assembly. Only Highmark Customer Service will have the information necessary to answer your questions.
Summary Plan Document
The Medical Plan document constitutes the terms and conditions of your medical coverage.
Medical Enrollment Form
PLEASE NOTE: ALL HANDWRITTEN FORMS WILL BE RETURNED
PLEASE NOTE 2013 MEDICAL ENROLLMENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT UPDATE:
For Health Insurance, date of eligibility depends on whether the employee is currently insured:
- For New Hire, transferring from another Plan.
- For an employee who transfers from other medical plans and meets the eligibility criteria to participate in the EPC Medical Plan, coverage will commence the day following termination of coverage from their previous plan.
- For New Hire, not transferring from another Plan.
- If the employee's first payroll period begins on the first calendar day of the month, coverage will commence on that day if the employee is at work on the first schedule work day on or after such day.
- If the employee's first payroll period begins after the first calendar day of the month, the empoyee must complete the employment Waiting period from the beginning day of the first payroll period to the first day of the following month. A "Waiting Period" is the time between the first day of employment and the first day of coverage under the Plan. The waiting period is counted in the Pre-existing conditions exclusion time, and
- Is in a class eligible for coverage.
Instructions for typing directly onto the form are listed below:
- Use your tab key or mouse to get to the appropriate fields.
- Click on the appropriate check boxes.
- Tab or use your mouse to get to the next field.
- Sign and date.
- Give to your church officer or authorized person to approve.
- Church officer or authorized person will fax or email
- Fax # and email address are located at the top of the form.
Click here for the 2013 Medical Enrollment form.
Click here for the 2014 Medical Enrollment form.
EPC SUMMARY OF BENEFITS AND COVERAGE (SBC) DOCUMENTS. Click here for FAQ about SBC compliance regulations.
- Basic Plan click here
- Premium Plan click here
- HDHP (High Deductible Health Savings Plan) click here.
- 2014 (Click on the Plan option below for its SBC).
Side-By-Side Comparisons of EPC Medical Plans
- To view or print the 2013 Side-By-Side Comparisons click here.
- To view or print the 2014 Side-By-Side Comparisons click here.
2014 Gold HSA (EPC's High Deductible Health Plan/Heatlh Savings Account (HDHP/HSA) Option
2013 EPC Preventative Schedule
- To view or print, click here.
2013 EPC Notice of Privacy Practice
- To view or print, click here.
Wellness Program (until November 30, 2013)
What is a wellness program? It is a systematic approach to healthcare that emphasizes employee health and disease prevention instead of the treatment of an illness. Studies show that employees who participate in such a program are:
• Absent from work less often
• More engaged in managing their health
• More productive
• And less costly to the healthcare system
The EPC Wellness Program is voluntary and there is no cost to participate, but has immediate and long term benefits. To encourage participation, eligible individuals who complete an online Wellness Profile will receive a $50 gift certificate redeemable at one of "200" retailers.
For more information about the Wellness Program and how to complete your online Wellness Profile click here.
- After completion of your Wellness Profile, you will receive an email notification confirming completion (sent to the email address registered on www.highmarkbcbs.com).
- You should expect to see your award in the mail from Hallmark Business Connections by the 15th of the following month of completing your Wellness Profile. Eligible EPC members may receive only one reward per calendar year.