There is an Urban Ministries Network discssuion group on EPC Community. The primary focus of the discussion is to identify resources for urban ministry.
To join the discussion, first create an account; you can find the Access Code by clciking the "Help" tab. After you have created an account, click the "Groups" tab and scroll down until you find "Urban Ministries Network". There is also more information available on the Urban Ministries Network pages of this site.
You can also help provide resources by donating to the Urban Ministry Partnership Opportunity. The purpose of this fund is to:
- Raise seed money to attract and stipend interns, low income Christian adults, and college students to provide much-needed ministry in our urban centers.
- Redeem a drug corner or nuisance bar into a coffee and ice cream shop with a Christian atmosphere.
- Purchase computers and reading material for after-school tutoring.
- Provide home ownership classes for low-income adults.
- Raise scholarships for summer day camps.
Click here to join our partnership.
Recommended Reading List
The top NOC picks are in bold.
- GRACE MATTERS - CHRIS RICE
- LET JUSTICE ROLL DOWN - JOHN PERKINS
- MARTIN AND MALCOLM AND AMERICA: DREAM OR NIGHTMARE - JAMES CONE
- NO QUICK FIX - KEITH PHILLIPS
- HERE ARE NO CHILDREN HERE - ALEX KOTLOWITZ
- UP FROM SLAVERY - BOOKER T. WASHINGTON
- DIVIDED BY FAITH - MICHAEL O. EMERSON
- EVANGELISM: DOING JUSTICE AND PREACHING GRACE - HARVEY CONN
- GOOD NEWS GOOD WORKS - RONALD SIDER
- JUSTICE MATTERS - RANDY BROWN
- A HEART FOR THE CITY - JOHN FUDER
- BEYOND CHARITY - JOHN PERKINS
- JUST GENEROSITY - RONALD SIDER
- PLANTING AND GROWING URBAN CHURCHES - HARVEY CONN
- STRENGTH TO LOVE - MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
- THE NEW HNIC: (DEATH OF CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT...) - TODD BOYD
- AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A CHRISTIAN - EVERETT LEDINGHAM, EDITOR
- EXCLUSION AND EMBRACE - THEOLOGICAL EXPLORATION AT RECONCILIOATION - MIROSLAV VOLF
- SOUL THEOLOGY - NICHOLAS COOPER - LEWTER & HENRY MITCHELL
- THEOLOGY AS BIG AS THE CITY - RAY BAKKE
- CITY OF GOD, CITY OF SATAN - ROBERT LINTHICUM
- TO LIVE IN PEACE - MARK GORNIK