2022 LIFE, AD&D, AND LTD INSURANCE
BRI offers Life, AD&D (Accidental Death & Dismemberment), and LTD (Long-Term Disability) insurance through The Hartford.
Life insurance coverage offers eligible employees a $50,000 Term Life Insurance policy (decreases after the age of 65). Should your death be due to an accident, your beneficiaries would receive an additional AD&D benefit equal to the amount of the life insurance benefit.
LTD insurance provides partial income replacement should you become disabled and unable to work. If you experience a disability that lasts 90 days or more, the LTD plan will replace 60% of your monthly pre-disability salary up to the plan maximum.
For more information on Life, AD&D, and LTD insurance through The Hartford, please refer to the documents below. Use these quicklinks to navigate to the appropriate section of this page:
For more BRI information, see the following pages (which also are available from the Resources > Benefits menu above):
Medical Plans FAQs
Prescription Drug Benefits
Life and Disability Insurance
Other Benefit Programs
Church Administrator Resources
2021 Medical/Prescription Drug Plans
LIFE AND AD&D INSURANCE
Life Insurance helps you protect your family financially by paying a cash sum if you die while covered by the policy. Life insurance provides money to those who depend on your paycheck to cover expenses such as:
• Funeral expenses and medical bills
• Monthly living expense bills, such as rent or mortgage payments
• Debt, including credit card bills and other loans
• A child’s college tuition
If your employment ends, you can convert your coverage to an individual policy with The Hartford to continue your coverage.
The Life and AD&D Insurance Plan goes beyond the benefit with built-in value-added services to support an employee’s or dependents at no extra cost to the employee.
• Funeral Planning and Concierge Services—a suite of online tools to guide employees through key decisions before a loss, including help comparing funeral-related costs. After a loss, this service includes family advocacy and professional negotiation of funeral prices.
• Hartford Life Essentials Beneficiary Assist—offers compassionate expertise to help employees or beneficiaries cope with emotional, financial, and legal issues that arise after a loss.
• EstateGuidance Will Services—help protect a family’s future by creating a will online that is backed by online support from licensed attorneys.
• Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection and Assistance Services—includes pre-trip information and access to medical professionals around the world, as well as identity theft protection 24/7 through educational materials to help prevent identity theft, and access to caseworkers who can help resolve problems if you are a victim of identity theft.
LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
When employees are unable to work because of a disabling injury or illness, LTD Insurance helps by replacing part of their income. LTD coverage helps ensure that employees will still receive a portion of their income when they are absent from work for an extended period due to a covered disability. These absences may be a result of accidents, injuries, or illnesses that happen on or off the job. This is an important coverage for employees, because their savings might not be enough if an illness or injury keeps them out of work beyond their paid sick days. Additionally, LTD insurance can help employees pay the bills when they cannot work due to a covered claim.
The Plan goes beyond the benefit with built-in, value-added services to support an employee’s recovery—at no extra cost to the employee.
• AbilityAssist—Confidential support for emotional, legal, and financial issues.
• HealthChampion—Unlimited access to benefit specialists and nurses to address medical care and claims concerns.
• Return-to-Work Coordinators—Access to clinically trained, legally knowledgeable specialists in the clinical field.
• Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services.
LIFE, AD&D, AND LTD RESOURCES
BASIC LIFE AND AD&D PLAN BENEFITS
LIFE, AD&D, AND LTD DOCUMENTS
LTD PLAN BENEFITS
Information provided in this web site does not constitute legally binding advice. EPC benefits are subject to the provisions of the Medical Plan and Retirement Plan documents available on this web site or in print from EPC Benefit Resources, Inc. (BRI), 5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Suite 510, Orlando FL 32822. For more information, contact BRI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-930-4492 (voice and fax).