2019 LTD, LIFE, AND AD&D INSURANCE
BRI offers eligible employees Long-Term Disability (LTD), Life, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance coverage through The Hartford. These insurance options are bundled, and therefore cannot be purchased individually.
• LTD—provides 60 percent of qualified earnings (up to $4,000/month) after 90 days of total disability.
• Life—a $50,000 Term Life Insurance policy (decreases after age 65).
• AD&D—equal to the amount of the life insurance benefit.
See our Premium Rates Calculator for monthly costs for the LTD/Life, and AD&D coverage. To enroll, contact your church benefits administrator for specific church plan offerings. For enrollment related questions, contact the EPC Administration Office at 877-578-8707.
For plan questions or support, see www.thehartford.com/employee-benefits or contact The Hartford Customer Service at 800-523-2233.
Use these quicklinks to navigate to the appropriate section of this page:
For information about other BRI plans, see the following pages (which also are available from the Resources > Benefits menu above):
Medical/Prescription Drug Plans
Hearing Aid Program
Health Savings Account
Medicare Supplement Plans
Documents, Forms, and Notices
Church Administrator Resources
LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
When employees are unable to work because of a disabling injury or illness, LTD Insurance helps by replacing part of their income. LTD coverage helps ensure that employees will still receive a portion of their income when they are absent from work for an extended period due to a covered disability. These absences may be a result of accidents, injuries, or illnesses that happen on or off the job. This is an important coverage for employees, because their savings might not be enough if an illness or injury keeps them out of work beyond their paid sick days. Additionally, LTD insurance can help employees pay the bills when they cannot work due to a covered claim.
The Plan goes beyond the benefit with built-in, value-added services to support an employee’s recovery—at no extra cost to the employee.
• AbilityAssist—Confidential support for emotional, legal, and financial issues.
• HealthChampion—Unlimited access to benefit specialists and nurses to address medical care and claims concerns.
• Return-to-Work Coordinators—Access to clinically trained, legally knowledgeable specialists in the clinical field.
• Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services.
LIFE AND AD&D INSURANCE
Life Insurance helps you protect your family financially by paying a cash sum if you die while covered by the policy. Life insurance provides money to those who depend on your paycheck to cover expenses such as:
• Funeral expenses and medical bills
• Monthly living expense bills, such as rent or mortgage payments
• Debt, including credit card bills and other loans
• A child’s college tuition
If your employment ends, you can convert your coverage to an individual policy with The Hartford to continue your coverage.
The Life and AD&D Insurance Plan goes beyond the benefit with built-in value-added services to support an employee’s or dependents at no extra cost to the employee.
• Funeral Planning and Concierge Services—a suite of online tools to guide employees through key decisions before a loss, including help comparing funeral-related costs. After a loss, this service includes family advocacy and professional negotiation of funeral prices.
• Hartford Life Essentials Beneficiary Assist—offers compassionate expertise to help employees or beneficiaries cope with emotional, financial, and legal issues that arise after a loss.
• EstateGuidance Will Services—help protect a family’s future by creating a will online that is backed by online support from licensed attorneys.
• Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection and Assistance Services—includes pre-trip information and access to medical professionals around the world, as well as identity theft protection 24/7 through educational materials to help prevent identity theft, and access to caseworkers who can help resolve problems if you are a victim of identity theft.
LTD, LIFE, AND AD&D RESOURCES
LTD, LIFE, AND AD&D DOCUMENTS
LTD PLAN BENEFITS (FULL-TIME, SALARIED STAFF)
LTD PLAN BENEFITS (MANAGEMENT STAFF)
LTD PLAN BENEFITS (ORDAINED STAFF)
LTD PLAN BENEFITS (FULL-TIME STAFF EARNING ABOVE $80,000 ANNUALLY)
Information provided in this web site does not constitute legally binding advice. EPC benefits are subject to the provisions of the Medical Plan and Retirement Plan documents available on this web site or in print from EPC Benefit Resources, Inc. (BRI), 5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Suite 510, Orlando FL 32822. For more information, contact BRI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-930-4492 (voice and fax).