HELPING UNLOCK NON-CASH GIVING
• Maximize giving.
• Minimize taxes.
• Maximize impact.
• Minimize complexity.
Our passion is to see EPC churches’ vision and mission abundantly funded and fulfilled. Our mission is to provide creative resources to EPC churches that release untapped wealth possessed by generous Christ-followers. Our values are simple:
• Church focus: We work with and for EPC churches.
• Leader partnership: We partner with and support church leaders.
• Relational trust: We build relationships and prove our trustworthiness.
• Creativity: We help uncover non-traditional sources of income.
• Simplicity: We help simplify use of complex financial instruments.
• Tax stewardship: We help generous donors give in tax-wise ways.
• Affordable services: We recommend resources that maximize net donations.
• EPC support: We offer ways to sponsor EPC strategic initiatives.
We’d love to have an individual conversation, so please contact us for assistance or additional information. We also can help with an educational seminar.
Use these quick links to navigate to the appropriate section:
**Chronicle of Philanthropy report, April 17, 2018
WHAT WE DO
FOR CHURCH MEMBERS
HOW WE HELP
• Donors may contribute cash to the Fund online.
• Donors may contribute to the Fund with gifts such as stocks, mutual funds, and other non-cash assets.
• NCF liquidates the assets and handles all the administration of the Fund.
• Church goes online to request gifts from the Fund to selected ministries of the church or even supplement the general budget.
GENEROUS CHURCH MEMBERS
• Donate appreciated securities like stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Upon sale, the proceeds go a Giving Fund are available for donations to charity.
• Business interests. Donate a non-voting interest in an ongoing business to receive a substantial tax deduction, provide ongoing tax-free cash flow to a Giving Fund for charitable gifts and still maintain management oversight of the company.
• Sell a private business to multiply donor’s giving opportunity. Before selling a business, donate a non-voting interest in your business to your Giving Fund to receive a substantial tax deduction, reduce or eliminate capital gains taxes on the gifted interest, and convert those tax dollars into more giving to your favorite ministries.
• Give real estate before the sale in order to improve cash flow, reduce or eliminate capital gains taxes, and send more through a Giving Fund to favorite charitable causes.
• Use income-producing real property to fund donations to charity through a Giving Fund.
Other financial transactions that NCF can handle include:
• Contribute tax-free up to $100,000 of annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from a tax-deferred retirement account to the church’s Single Charity Fund.
• Charitable gift annuity. Donor makes gift to the church’s Single Charity Fund (part of which is tax-deductible), designates a beneficiary such as the church, and receives fixed annuity payments each year for the remainder of his/her life.
• A Charitable Trust helps balance two interests—charitable giving and income for donor or his or her heirs. With a charitable lead trust, money is paid first to a charity (can be a church’s Single Charity Fund) for a specified amount of time. At the end of the trust period, the balance of the trust goes to a designated beneficiary—typically the family of the trust creator. A charitable remainder trust reverses that order, paying a beneficiary first.
• Testamentary gifts and gifts from trusts allow donors to reduce estate or income tax burden upon death, while also ensuring that giving goals and objectives are carried out after death.
• Gift of Life Insurance. A simple (and free) change in a Beneficiary Destination Form will allow a portion or all of a Life Insurance proceeds to flow to your Giving Fund or to your church’s Single Charity Fund.
Click here for more detailed information on Giving Funds available through the National Christian Foundation.
WHO HELPS US
• Flexible financial instruments that fit many situations and support the church’s interests.
• Traditional and non-traditional estate planning and wealth transfer tools.
• Expertise in tax-wise donations of non-cash assets.
NCF is located in Alpharetta, Georgia, and operates as a 501(c)(3) charitable granting ministry providing wise giving solutions, mobilizing resources, and inspiring biblical generosity among Christian families, advisors, and charities. NCF is currently the 8th largest nonprofit in the United States, having accepted over $12 billion in contributions and made more than $10 billion in giver-recommended grants to more than 55,000 charities. NCF is an industry leader in accepting gifts of appreciated assets such as stocks, real estate, and business interests, which enable donors to save taxes and maximize charitable gifts.
WHEN WE HELP
OFFICE OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
GENEROSITY RESOURCES COMMITTEE
Ted Hailes, Chair
RE, Presbytery of the Central South
TE, Presbytery of the Midwest
RE, Presbytery of the Pacific Southwest
RE, Presbytery of the Pacific Northwest
Presbytery of the Gulf South