EPC College Ministries seeks to bring our community together to connect and collaborate through:
• General Assembly network luncheons.
• Partnerships with CCO and other campus ministries.
• Networks of EPC ministry leaders and college-town church plants.
• Social media, including EPC College Ministries Facebook group and Twitter feed.
• Next Generation Ministries Council.
COLLEGE TOWN EPC CHURCH PLANTS
GET-TO-KNOW STUDENT AND COLLEGE MINISTRY LEADERS
HOW DO WE FOSTER SUSTAINABLE FAITH IN YOUNG ADULTS?
Most in student and/or college ministry have heard the statistics and read the articles; the stats vary, but the sentiment is the same—there is a growing concern that young adults are leaving the church, especially after high school. Two common responses are:
1. Ignoring the situation, hoping young adults will return when they are older and have children.
2. Building the church on the preference of young people, excluding older members.
However, many feel that more is going on than the “driver’s license to marriage license” joy ride that we’ve seen in previous generations. The Next Generation Ministries Council wants input from EPC church leaders (pastors, elders, parents, youth leaders, college ministry leaders, and volunteers) on this topic. We believe that there is great merit in sharing our ideas, as God reveals His plan for our young people in our individual churches and in the EPC.