Leaders influence others, and God uniquely gifts women to accomplish His purposes! Christian leaders influence people to follow Christ whatever their situation and wherever God puts them. We provide material to encourage, equip, and inspire ordained and lay women, whether they are formal or informal leaders in their church, to bring Christ to those near and far. Leadership resources fall into two categories:
1. Support for emerging leaders through print, video, and digital media resources. The resources will have insights and tools for identifying and supporting emerging leaders across the spectrum of church ministry.
2. Equipping effective biblical leaders with emphasis on biblical models, strategies, and tactics.
Leadership is less an acquired trait than a learned skill. The Women’s Resource Council will vet and post resources related to:
• Biblical models of leadership.
• Leadership functions such as casting a vision, delegating roles and tasks, and providing oversight and direction.
• Leadership models and strategies for ministries such as discipleship, evangelism, and administration.
• Principles of group dynamics and development, including stages of group/relationship development and how to facilitate godly norms.
• Character traits of Christian leaders.
• Mentor training and development.
You can support the ministries of the EPC by purchasing books through the links on each of the images below at Amazon.com. When you login to your Amazon account (or set up a new account), use smile.amazon.com and select "Evangelical Presbyterian Church" as your preferred charitable organization. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the EPC.
The greatest fear leaders face is not something that might happen to them, but something that can happen in them. Ortberg describes this as “mission” (the highest purpose to which God calls us) and shadow mission (an authentic mission that has been derailed).
Click here for the WRC’s evaluation and summary.
RESOURCE SUBMISSION FORM
Would you like the Women’s Resource Council to review a leadership resource? Please use this form to let us know about it.