Per Member Asking (PMA) is the primary method for EPC churches to fund the mission and vision of the EPC. PMA for 2019-20 is $23 per member, per year, and these contributions are put to work through collaborative ministries, connectional support, and custodial operations.
• Collaborative Ministries serve and support local church and presbytery initiatives to achieve our mission and vision better together than alone.
• Connectional Support ensures that EPC constitutional mandates unite and align churches, sessions, presbyteries, and committees with the General Assembly.
• Custodial Operations ensures prudent stewardship, protection, and management of EPC assets, integrity, finances, information, and employees.
Opportunities for financially supporting the EPC (beyond PMA) are below. Each includes a secure, online form that offers the convenience of setting a recurring monthly contribution, as well as a text-to-give option.
Emergency Relief Funds are designed to help people in crisis due to natural disasters, war, humanitarian crises, or other needs.
EMERGENCY RELIEF FUNDS
SUPPORT WITH TIME AND TALENT
The Holy Spirit gives us abilities—spiritual gifts—with which to serve one another. Are you giving your time and abilties in your church in proportion to your spiritual gifts? Ask your pastor or elders how you can serve God at your church.
Beyond the local church, the EPC provides a number of opportunities to give time, talent, and treasure. Contact your presbytery to learn about opportunities to serve regionally. Elders and Ministers also have the opportunity and responsibility to give their time and abilities in service to the larger church in the presbytery and General Assembly.
There are numerous opportunities to serve nationally through the committees of the General Assembly, and these are not just for Teaching Elders and Ruling Elders. There are opportunities for lay people with skills and interest in women’s ministries, Next Generation (children’s, student, and college ministries), and World Outreach (missions). If you sense the Lord calling you to serve, contact your church or presbytery to seek their confirmation of that call and their nomination to serve.
SUPPORT WITH PRAYER
You can support your local church and the EPC through prayer. Prayer is a significant means by which God accomplishes His holy and wise counsel in the world. You can support the EPC by praying for:
• EPC World Outreach global workers around the world.
• EPC’s ambitious church planting and revitalization ministries.
• The range of projects represented in EPC Special Projects.
• The work of the Office of the General Assembly—that the committees and staff would be able to effectively carry out the work assigned to it.